On New Years Day, I rented a hotel room for just 4 hours. While it didn't offer the full service menu you might think, it DID offer free wifi, a flat screen TV, a comfy bed and clean bathroom complete with shower. All this, wrapped in a 6 x 8 pod of a room. The cost: 45 Euros.
Where is this little gem and why exactly did I feel the need to stay there for 4 hours? The Yotel Hotel (http://www.yotel.com/) is IN the terminal at Amsterdam International Airport... next to the food court... you don't even have to go outside of security! I had 8 1/2 hours to burn between flights and after just stepping off my redeye on New Year's Day, the Yotel was calling my name.
I took some pictures but don't think they fully grasp the small size of the room. The whole area can't be more than 6 or 7 feet deep. The bathroom is maybe 2 feet wide, the bed is a twin and the space between the bathroom and bed is about 3 feet wide with a small work table. It is definitely compact but perfect suited for my needs.
When you walk in, the bathroom area is on the right with a shower, sink and toilet.
The bed is to the left with a flat screen TV at the foot of it.
Here's a pic I took from the bed- looking at the bathroom (you can see my reflection in the mirror).
The Yotel is no 5 star hotel, but I would recommend it to anyone that needs to refuel after a long flight or just wants to rest. It was clean, no nonsense and makes for a great story! Check out their website for more pics and information!
No comments:
Post a Comment