Friday, January 1, 2010

Türkei Tag

I can't believe I forgot to post anything about Turkey Day (Türkei Tag for all those practicing their Deutsch along with me).


It was strange to work on Thanksgiving. It is pretty much my favorite holiday and this experience confirmed that. I love everything about it, from hectic preparations in the kitchen to lazy after dinner digestion. And, let’s not forget the mass quantity of food intake. I mean, you eat dinner at least three times that day.

On the day of Thanksgiving the five of us decided to go out to dinner to ensure we had a great meal. It was no substitute but it served its purpose.

The Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend we all pitched in to make a real Turkey dinner and it turned out really well. Katie and Dan hosted and took care of the Turkey. The rest of us supplied stuffing, veggies, salad, potatoes and dessert. I have to say – the spread was impressive and totally hit the spot!


No comments:

Post a Comment