Glen and I set this blog up so we could keep everyone up to date on our adventures in Europe - but thus far, it's been filled with the mustache challenge and a few other gems Glen has posted. This is my first post.
Leaving Boston was hard. MUCH harder that I expected and nothing I was prepared for. I don't think I'm the most emotional person - but I couldn't help but cry most of the afternoon of my departure. At some point I realized the following: I arrived to Boston in a U-Haul on 10/31/01... I was flying out of Boston on 10/31/09...eight years to the day!
The morning I left - I was packing, wondering why I had left so much to do at the last minute when I knew this was happening for months. When I finally zipped up the last bag - it was time to start saying my goodbyes to Glen's family and a couple friends. To say I was a mess would be an understatement. Tears, hugs and more tears.
Just when I started to pull it together, Glen's family met us at the airport... tears again.
It was a great send off and I wouldn't have done it any other way. I am surrounded by amazing friends and family.
Thank You.
Here is a picture of Glen and I having my last Sam Adams for a while in the Logan airport. The blur of the photo seemed like appropriate symbolism for the entire day.
I LOVE your blog... but seeing you and Glen over the Christmas holiday was even better. Hope you'll post some photos from your Boston trip.
ReplyDeleteIt is almost midnight here (I am clearly not partying.) So Happy New Year!
Ann, as in grANdma