Two days in and it was quickly determined, if we were going to make it through two weeks, we had to get out of Watford and into London.
They must lose a lot of tourists each year - this is painted on the streets of downtown London.
We had to do the double-decker bus tour. It was cold though - and we didn't last long upstairs.
Tafalgar Square Lions - the most photographed statues in the world. We tried to climb on them - but with little success... Cute kids always seemed to make their way to the front of the line.
The expats in our UK office took us out to dinner- but first we went to this adorable bar... I mean Pub, for a drink.
Later on at dinner, this sign was at the top of the staircase.
"Don't fall down the stairs!"
Proof I saw the Tower Bridge.
Decent picture of the Tower Bridge.
Cool cars were EVERYWHERE so I was in heaven. Here is a Lotus at the train station.
There was one decent thing we found in Watford. Bodega's - a pub that had an amazing fireplace mantle with wax from years of burning candles.
"Beware of Hot Dripping Wax!" I guess the English have something on posting signs about the obvious.
Looks like I will be in the Watford area at least once a month while I am here. Wish me luck in finding something else besides a mantel with wax on it!
Until next time. Auf Wiedersehen.
No comments:
Post a Comment